Poway High School Instrumental Music Program
· · ·
· · ·
Disneyland Discount Tickets Available for EB Performance
Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Ticket Order Due Date
The Emerald Brigade has been chosen to perform at Disneyland on November 16! (It is an honor as not all bands who apply are chosen!) Logistics and details will be coming to you soon.
This week the directors will be telling the students about the upcoming Disneyland trip! What we need at this point is a headcount of students who will be participating so we order the correct number of busses as you might imagine, busses from Poway to Disneyland are not cheap! Please take the next few days to think about if your student will be able to participate. (Band performers get in free!) Your student's section leaders will be asking the students in their section for a commitment by Thursday.
Please take this week to also discuss whether your family would like to join in on the fun! Disneyland has offered us a slight discount on tickets. Disneyland discount tickets must be pre-purchased and will be due on THURSDAY, October 30. If interested, please print the Disneyland Ticket Order Form and have your student drop it off in the "green basket" in the directors' office. Please make your checks payable to PHSMB. Thank you!
A few reminders about our Disneyland tickets:
Important information needed from parents of Color Guards and Marchers:
- Disneyland performance date: November 16, 2014.
- Performers (color guard and marchers) do not need to buy a ticket. They will be given a free performer's pass.
- ALL orders must be in the green basket tomorrow, Thursday, Oct 30 (payable to PHSMB).
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Details of call times etc. will come soon.
All of the information above will help us reduce the possibility of ordering too many busses!
- If your color guard student or marcher will not be going to Disneyland, please email Monica Sturhann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your performer (color guard or marcher) will be performing but will not be riding the bus to and/or from Disneyland please:
- Send in a signed note with your son or daughters full name letting the directors know that he or she will not be on the bus (specifying to Disney and/or from Disney).
- Please email Monica Sturhann at email@example.com and specify the same information.
If you have ticket questions, please contact Monica Sturhann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· · ·
Great Oak Tournament
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Great Oak High School, 32555 Deer Hollow Way, Temecula, CA
3:45 PM - Call Time at PHS Band Room
6:52 PM - Emerald Brigade Performance
The Emerald Brigade will be performing their award-winning "Bach for a New Millennium" field show on Saturday, November 1 at the Temecula Marching Band Tournament in the Great Oak High School Stadium. Spectator admission is $10 per person.
The Emerald Brigade's schedule for the day is:
See the Great Oak Tournament flyer for more information.
- 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM - Rehearsal (no lunch break)
- 3:45 PM - Call time at PHS
- 6:52 PM - Performance time
- 7:45 PM - Awards
- 9:30 PM - Back at PHS
· · ·
PHS Music Booster Meeting
Monday, November 3, 2014 <-- NEW DATE
6:30 PM - Booster Board
7:30 PM - General (all parents)
PHS Band Room N-1
Because of conflicts on the first two Tuesdays in November (Election Day and Veterans Day), November's Booster meeting has been rescheduled to Monday, November 3. All parents (Marching Band, Color Guard, Orchestra, Non-Marching Band) should attend the General Booster Meeting at 7:30 PM. We have a full agenda.
· · ·
El Ranchito Taco Shop Fundraiser
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
14149 Twin Peaks Road and 13654 Poway Road
Show your support for the PHS Instrumental Music program by enjoying the best Mexican food in Poway for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner at El Ranchito Taco Shop (either location) on Tuesday, November 4.
You must present the El Ranchito Taco Shop Fundraiser flyer when you order, and PHSMB will receive 20% of your purchase.
Contact Laura Martin at email@example.com if you have any questions.
· · ·
Parent Activites / Thursday Evening Rehearsal
Thursday, November 6, 2014, 6:30 PM
Parents, we have some special, extra-fun activities planned for you while our kids fine-tune their field show:
- Part I - Parent Field Show Rehearsal in N1-parking lot with Chris & Leslie Kerrigan. Props & costumes will be distributed starting at 6:30 PM. Be on the "field" promptly at 7:00 PM!
- Part II - Make-It & Take It Workshops
- Tie-dye T-shirts in N-1 with Donna Dennis & Becky Sims. Parents, bring your own white T-shirts, we provide the puff paints & dyes.
- Senior poster making in N-2 with Jayne Moulton. Parents, bring your own poster board, we provide markers, glitter, paper, etc.
· · ·
Home Game - PHS vs. Rancho Bernardo
Friday, November 7, 2014
5:30 PM Call Time / 7:00 PM Kick-off
Cheer on the Emerald Brigade in their last home game performance.
Marchers, remember to bring your black marching shoes and to wear a black T-shirt, black shorts, and long black socks (not anklets), and please - NO MAKEUP.
Parents, please make sure that your child eats BEFORE call time. All Band and Color Guard members are not permitted to eat and drink (other than water) while in uniform.
· · ·
PHSMB Fundraiser Holiday Shopping Night
Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 6:30-9:00 PM
Hosted by Laura Martin, 15318 Espola Road, Poway
It's Mom's Night Out! Join other Booster moms for a fun night hosted by Laura Martin. Shop for jewelry, candles, household stuff, homemade items, and more! Refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP to Laura at 858-231-5052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Martin home is the second driveway on the West side of Espola Road past the High Valley/Del Poinente signal if you are driving north from Twin Peaks Road towards the Poway High. There will be a sign at the driveway.
· · ·
Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Poway Center for the Performing Arts, 15498 Espola Road
The Poway High School Orchestra will be posing in the PCPA for their "official" photographs. Photographs will be taken by Most Valuable Photographers (MVP).
· · ·
The Poway High School Music Boosters
The purpose of the Poway High School Music Boosters is to promote and encourage instrumental music and support the associated activities related to the success of the Poway High School Instrumental Music Program. Please check back, often, for updates, upcoming events, pictures, fund raising information, and more!
· · ·
Why Music Matters
Jack Stamp gives one of the best examples of exactly why music education is so important and belongs in our schools. Dr. Stamp is Director of Band Studies at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Click for video.
· · ·