Jazz Band Schedule
February 26 - March 2
|Date||Jazz A||Jazz B|
|Mon 2/26||Full in N-2||Sectionals in N-1|
|Tues 2/27||Sectionals in N-1||Full in N-2|
|Wed 2/28||OFF||Full in N-2|
|Thurs 3/1||Full in N-2||OFF|
|Fri 3/2||Sectionals in N-1||Full in N-2|
Pre-Festival Winter Concert
Wednesday, February 28 & Thursday, March 1
Poway Center for the Performing Arts
15498 Espola Road, Poway
The Poway High School Bands and Orchestra along with the Twin Peaks Middle School Bands will perform for judges followed by a clinic, on both Wednesday and Thursday evenings. The clinics for the first two groups each night will be held in Room N-1. The last group to perform will receive their clinic on the PCPA stage.
Wednesday's performance schedule:
- 7:00 p.m. - PHS Symphony Orchestra -> followed by a clinic in N-1
- 7:30 p.m. - PHS Wind Ensemble 2 -> followed by a clinic in N-1
- 8:00 p.m. - PHS Wind Ensemble 1 -> followed by a clinic onstage
Thursday's performance schedule:
- 7:00 p.m. - TPMS Advanced Band -> followed by a clinic in N-1
- 7:30 p.m. - PHS Concert Band -> followed by a clinic in N-1
- 8:00 p.m. - TPMS Wind Ensemble -> followed by a clinic onstage
Please note that admission to the PCPA is $10 for adults. Students 18 years and younger are free.
Musicians should wear the concert dress that is required for their ensemble:
- Concert Band - Women: Long, black skirt (below the knee) or pants, white blouse, black stockings, black shoes. Men: Black pants, white long-sleeved shirt, black bow tie, black socks, black shoes.
- Symphony Orchestra, Wind Ensemble 1, & Wind Ensemble 2 - Women: Black ankle-length or longer dress with modest neckline (no strapless or spaghetti straps), black stockings, and black shoes. Men: Black tuxedo, white long-sleeved tux shirt, black bow tie/cummerbund, black socks, black shoes.
Parents - please sign up to help with Admissions or Backstage Security. You can help before and/or after your student's performance and get free admission to the concert! Go to http://www.slyreply.com/app/sheets/49zetc8rdn3s/ to volunteer.
PHS Music Booster Meeting
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
6:30 p.m. - Booster Board
7:30 p.m. - General (all parents)
PHS Band Room N-1
All Band, Color Guard, and Orchestra parents should attend the General Booster Meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13. We have the upcoming festivals and fundraisers to discuss. Mr. Cook, Booster officers, and student leadership will be there to report on recent and upcoming activities and to answer your questions.
Girls Night Out Bunco Fundraiser
Saturday, March 17, 2018
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Poway Community Center Auditorium
13094 Civic Center Drive, Poway
Spend a fun evening out while helping the PHS music program! All ladies, high school and older, are welcome to the first PHSMB Girls Night Out Bunco Fundraiser on Saturday, March 17 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the Poway Community Center Auditorium at 13094 Civic Center Drive (near the Senior Center, across from the Swim Center).
This will be a great BFF or mother-daughter event! The cost is $20 at door, which includes bunco games, non-alcoholic drinks, appetizers, and desserts. Share the Girls Night Out flyer with friends, neighbors, and co-workers. All proceeds benefit the Poway High School Instrumental Music Program.
Please contact Pam Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Feb 2, 3, 9, & 10
Dec 16, 17, 22, 23, & 24
Thu, Dec 21
Tue, Dec 19
Mon, Dec 18
Wed, Dec 13
Fri, Nov 17
Sat, Nov 11
Thu, Nov 9
Sat, Nov 4