Poway Band & Orchestra Festival
- Festival Home
- Festival Registration
- Festival Info for Directors
- Festival Info for Guests
- Festival Staging Schedule (online)
- Festival Staging Schedule (PDF)
- PHS/PCPA Map & Directions (PDF)
- Festival Venue Map (PDF)
- PHS Campus Map (PDF)
- Festival Info for PHS Parents & Students
- Festival Adult Volunteer
- PHS Music Boosters Home
April 7 through 9, 2020
Orchestra Showcase, Wednesday, April 8
Winds Showcase, Thursday, April 9
Poway Center for the Performing Arts (PCPA)
15498 Espola Road, Poway, California 92064map
Forms & Fee Deadline: Monday, March 16, 2020 - Directors - Click for Info
Festival Hours and Admission:
- Tuesday, April 7, 2:45 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.: Free all day for all spectators
- Wednesday, April 8, 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.: Free for all spectators
- Wednesday, April 8, 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Orchestra Showcase: Adults $10.00, Students 18 & under are free
- Thursday, April 9, 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.: Free for all spectators
- Thursday, April 9, 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Winds Showcase: Adults $10.00, Students 18 & under are free
The annual Poway Band and Orchestra Festival hosted by Poway High School (PHS) and the PHS Instrumental Music Program will be held on April 7 through April 9 at the Poway Center for the Performing Arts (PCPA) on the PHS campus.
The three-day festival will present 44 talented middle school and high school ensembles from the Poway Unified School District (PUSD), as well as, from other Southern California communities. They will be performing before a distinguished panel of Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association (SCSBOA) judges. In addition to performances in the PCPA, there will be sight-reading sessions in PHS Room N-2 (across from the PHS Band Room N-1) all day on Tuesday, and from 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday.
The Orchestra Showcase on Wednesday evening will feature several excellent high school orchestras. During the Winds Showcase on Thursday evening, the leading wind ensembles from PUSD high schools will perform. On both evenings, the first Showcase performance starts at 6:00 p.m., and the last performance starts at 8:00 p.m. Admission on each evening is $10.00 for adults and no charge for students who are 18 years and under.
Visit the Festival Information for Guests page for detailed information including admission prices, parking, concessions, and merchandise. The complete staging schedule for the Poway B & O Festival can be viewed here.
Application for the 2020 Poway B & O Festival is now closed. If you are a director who has completed your SCSBOA application for the Festival, please go to the Festival Info for Directors Page to complete your registration.
If you have questions or comments about the Poway Band & Orchestra Festival, please contact the Festival co-chairs, Paula Pullenza and Melissa Martinez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.